The first burial in the Pinedale Cemetery was in 1904 and was completed by the Town of Pinedale. In July of 1908 someone donated $19.75 to erect the first fence around the cemetery, and in 1916 plots were officially laid out. In April of 1922 an official Pinedale Cemetery Association was formed, and the first deed was recorded with the Sublette County Clerk’s office in 1928 where the cost of a lot was only $20.00. In 1926 the United States General Land Office awarded a large tract of land to the Town of Pinedale through a land patent entitled “An Act to authorize entry of the Public Lands by incorporated cities and towns for cemetery and park purposes” where several acres were already being utilized as a cemetery. In 1973 the Upper Green River Cemetery District was formed moving control from the Town of Pinedale to the Upper Green River Cemetery District. The Pinedale Cemetery has been enlarged many times beginning in 1975 up through the 4th enlargement completed in 1986, and finally adding a columbarium in 2020.